What is Lithium Ore?
Lithium is an element valuable for the production of glass, aluminium products, and batteries. It is mined from ores of petalite (LiAl(Si2O5)2, lepidolite K(Li,Al)3(Al,Si,Rb)4O10(F,OH)2, spodumene LiAl(SiO3)2 and also subsurface brines. It is the lightest metal on Earth and is soft enough to be cut with a knife when in its elemental form.
Types of Lithium Ores
- Lepidolite: Lepidolite is the name of a rare lithium-rich mica mineral that is usually pink, red, or purple in colour. It is the most common lithium-bearing mineral and serves as a minor ore of lithium metal, with rubidium and caesium sometimes being byproducts. When impregnated with quartz, lepidolite is used as a minor gemstone. Flakes of lepidolite are sometimes responsible for the colour of pink and red aventurine.
- Amblygonite: Amblygonite is a phosphate mineral composed of lithium, sodium, and aluminium phosphate [(Li,Na)AlPO4(F,OH)], that is an ore of lithium. It occurs in lithium- and phosphate-rich granitic pegmatites, often in very large, white, translucent masses.
- Spodumene: Spodumene is a pyroxene mineral that is typically found in lithium-rich pegmatites. It is usually associated with other lithium minerals such as lepidolite, eucryptite, and petalite. Spodumene has a chemical composition of LiAlSi2O6 but small amounts of sodium sometimes substitute for lithium. Spodumene is also used as a gemstone, and in that use, the colour variety names of the mineral are used. Pink to purple spodumene is known as kunzite, green spodumene is known as hiddenite, and yellow spodumene is known as triphane
- Petalite: Petalite is a lithium aluminium silicate that belongs to the silicate class of minerals. Its crystal system is monoclinic. It crystallizes relatively rarely and most often occurs as large cleavable masses. Its colour can be white, colourless, grey, pinkish, or yellow.
Our Lithium Ore Trade Specification
Mineral Type: Lithium Ore / Lithium Concentrates / Lepidolite / Amblygonite / Spodumene / Petalite
Physical Specification: On Buyer’s Specification
Quantity: On Buyer’s Specification
Price: Open to Negotiation / Metric Tonne
Trade Process: Ex Works/FOB/CIF
Payment Method: 100% irrevocable SBLC or L/C
Shipping Time: 15 days after confirmation of L/C
Loading Port: Lagos, Nigeria
- Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF): The seller handles everything from loading the vessel, paying for insurance, and shipping the product to the country the buyer wants it delivered.
- Freight On Board (FOB): The seller is responsible for handling the transportation of the goods to the port of shipment and loading cost. Once the goods are loaded on the ship, all liabilities transfer to the buyer. Liabilities like unloading, insurance, marine freight transport, and transporting products to its destination.
- Tanker Take Over (TTO): The buyer takes over the hiring of a loaded tanker along with the product it contains.
- Tanker To Tanker (TTT): The buyer hires his vessel and uses the same to purchase products from the seller.
Are you trying to buy Lithium Ore and have it shipped to anywhere in the world? At Watsonagro, we are devoted to facilitating purchases and export of solid minerals while providing a reliable and profitable service.